Terms of reference
SWAN is seeking a responsible, accurate and communicative person for a part-time position of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will be working under a direct supervision of the Executive Director and is responsible for managing SWAN office procedures and other tasks assigned by the Executive Director.
The Administrative Assistance must be a citizen or resident of Hungary. The Administrative Assistant should be committed to advance SWAN goals and mission and respect confidentiality of SWAN members.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Internal and external communication and project-related activities
- process incoming correspondence, including faxes and e-mails and transfer to appropriate staff member;
- maintain and update SWAN website and Facebook account and distribute the newsletter to the network;
- maintain and update SWAN’s list-serve;
- maintain and update national/international partners and media contact database;
- attend meetings as required; prepare and distribute meeting agendas, materials and minutes;
- act as intermediary between SWAN and local bodies, suppliers, service providers, banks, etc;
- draft interim and annual project reports;
- maintain travel arrangements and logistics for project related trips and meetings;
- address visa and tax issues of foreign staff and consultants.
2. Office supplies, systems and other needs
- Plan and organize office layout and keep order;
- Order office supplies and furniture;
- Monitor office needs;
- Arranges for repair of office equipment;
- Maintain office records, including staff and partner information, suppliers and service-provider contacts.
- Ensure effective and safe transfer and storage of files and records, including back-up of files and update of office software
- Oversee all aspects of general office coordination;
3. Financial administration (together with Accountant)
- Keep track of office bills and regular payment;
- Keep track of overall budget and costs;
- Draft interim and annual financial reports;
- Handle cash payments and bank transfers;
- Prepare work contracts and formal agreements.
NOTE: The responsibilities of the Administrative Assistance are not limited to the tasks listed above, but will vary depending on the nature of SWAN projects.
Required qualification and skills:
- College or university degree.
- Knowledge of English (excellent oral and written) and Hungarian (native speaker)
- Knowledge of Russian or other Slavic languages is a plus
- Some experience in the sphere of office management and records keeping.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, email, internet, search engines, basic desktop publishing)
- Good writing, analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers,
- telephone systems, typewriters, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a diverse, multicultural environment
Start date: October 13, 2011
Compensation: Please provide your quote for a 4 hour/day salary netto.
To Apply: Please send your CV in English, a reference letter (if available) and your quote to SWAN coordinator Aliya Rakhmetova at email@example.com before Monday, 10 October, 2011.